Wednesday 15 May 2013

Type specimen poster

I know I'm jumping ahead a tad but wanted to try something so I could get some printed material going.
I started creating some specimen posters. The posters will feature large letterforms belonging to the Marina typeface.




This gradient works well but it may be hard to tell that its nautical themed. So I did a bit of research and looking at nautical themed objects.

Paddles


Nautical themed tshirt





Nautical Invite





Beautiful flags based on Nautical code flags. (like the ones seen below)



More flags.


The research shows a very distinctive aesthetic for the nautical theme. A lot of blues, reds and yellows. Also a heavy use of stripes and other simple shapes.

MY RESONSE

Here is my response to the research:



Using large letterforms with the Nautical colours.



Using more letterforms as well some other elements.


I've now included some nautical flags, so the connection is more obvious.


I think its coming along really well. It's strong visually and very distinctive as a nautical typeface.
The composition may need changing a tad but its getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment