Sunday 5 May 2013

Digitising the typeface.

I started by typing out the alphabet in 200pt DIN Bold. This was for a number of reasons.
The first being that I wanted my typeface to fit within the dimensions of Din. The second being that Din is the typeface which has a simular look to the one I saw on the sail in cornwall.



I then began drawing letterforms, using Din as a guide.


I used the rounded corners option as it made my life a lot easier. The corner radias being 2.83pt.


THE FINISHED LETTERFORM.
Pretty happy how it turned it. In hindsight, I should've started with characters like R and S and D so it shows the rules and characteristics of the typeface but I felt more comfortable going through it by the alphabet and if anything needs correcting or changing, I can come back to whatever letterform needs attention.





No comments:

Post a Comment