Friday 3 May 2013

End of Year Show


Initial thoughts for the End of Year Show:

I started listing what briefs I could show and how it the scale would come into play.

Briefs from last module:

Darrell Viner: Favourite piece and communicates who I am as a designer, heavily concept based designer interested in working within the cultural sector.

Pros - Favorite piece of work, high execution.
Cons - Monochrome. I want to show that I can use colour but I suppose the portfolio would show that. Can't see it attracting attention from far away.

Vinkle: 

Pros - Shows I understand type. Again, concept heavy to more visually striking than Viner
Cons - Basic range (could be extended)

Atheist posters:

Pros. Typographic (shows I can use type) can work really nicely framed.
Cons - Basic range, just typographic so doesn't show off my true skills.

I've also thought about using New briefs.

Owl: 

Pros - Exploring colour and the illustrations could work beautifully on a large scale, would work well framed. Shows off my illustration skills as well as my branding and typesetting skills. If I use bright colours it would be seen from a distance.

Cons - Don't wish to show too much illustration as I may be confused for an illustrator.


  
 Type (Marina) New typeface brief

Pros - Has huge potential for a striking end of year show.
Seeing as it's based on sail boat type it would be amazing to get some type printed on 
fabric and have it made into an actual sail (not to scale, of course)

Cons - Not made yet. 

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment