Monday 13 May 2013

Type tests.

Marina is top, DIN is bottom.
To truly see if a typeface works, it's important to test it out using words. This is to see how it works
and makes it easier to see what is not working.
For example. Just by arranging the letterforms to form the word LICE, I can see the c is too open and may need refining. The other characters are fine at this point.

Trying to resolve the problem by doing the following:

Doesn't work.

This one works better.

THE LETTER I

The upper case I is one of the hardest to express the characteristics of a font, seeing as it's just a straight line. I don't think adding serifs won't suit it. So....I decided to put in a subtle flick.

I've tried one with the flicks and one without,

It's a very subtle flick but it can make all the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment