Tuesday 28 May 2013

Design Context publication evaluation.

Funnily enough, this has become one of my favourite briefs of the module and this is for a number of reasons.  The first being the high execution of it so I'm happy with the end result. The second being the amount of fun I've had researching studios and gaining a further insight into different studios.

Throughout the publication I've added influences old and new. From Peter Saville to Hey Studio,
it visibly shows how diverse I'm becoming when it comes to design. I'm opening my mind to new design and reaching out of my comfort zone

A strong example of this is Hey Studio. Although they are highly skilled in composition, type and geometric designs, they are also very illustrative, which is something i'm steering towards.

Before the FMP and in fact third year, I was incredibly type driven and wouldn't step outside my comfort zone but I feel like I have achieved this through looking at varied studios.

I'm also becoming more aware of studios beyond the UK which helps me broaden my understanding of what else is going on around the world.

I believe i have achieved to produce a comprehensive, considered and carefully researched publication and to a high standard.




No comments:

Post a Comment