Monday 13 May 2013

Further type development.


Here is some more development for the typeface.


Quite another drastic change for the typeface. But I feel as though the newer version works better as it allows me to add the quirks without compromising on the quality of the typeface. I intend on doing the full typeface in simular fashion to the one on the right and adding the quirks as an alternative typeface.


The good thing about this newer version is it allows me to add elements to create other letterforms.
Example - I could add a center bar to create an E but...



It's important to measure the different letterforms.
From above, it's clear to see the C is wider than the E.


The top is the 'C' and the bottom will become the E


The finished 'result'.

Here is the comparison between C and O (DIN 200pt)
They both take up the same width.



The comparison between DIN and Marina.

The upper case G


THE LETTER Q

Having a little trouble with the Q. I started with the O and taking out some elements to fit in a tail.
I'm thinking this looks too much like a G...



I then saw this on a blog and thought it was a beautiful way to tackle the problem.




Granted my typeface is a bit wider, I think it still works.



So I took the curves from the counter and turned it into a tail. This is for a more natural curve,
so it looks more organic.


No comments:

Post a Comment